20 April 2014

Word of the Week

I often forget where I see these words that I love so much. I almost always have my phone to hand, and can make a note on my phone, and instantly forget where it came from. It usually happens at work, where I learn new words almost every day. 

Sometimes I wish I didn't have such easy access to technology, and could spent a little longer writing with a pen and paper, ingraining into my mind what a word means. But we live in an increasingly hasty world where everything must always be done with speed and precision. 

Still, I enjoy writing these posts on a Sunday afternoon, spending the time trying to remember where I first saw the word I am writing about. There's nothing interrupting me now.


I don't think I have ever heard this word used in spoken language. It sounds like a verb more than a noun, but to be an exponent sounds very important. I think I'll be waiting a few more years 'til I could ever call myself one.

What do you think of the word exponent? Have you got a word of the week? Hope you are all having a chocolate filled Easter Sunday!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The word exponent makes me think of maths. Like the number of times the base in an exponentiation is multiplied with itself.
    Never heard of your meaning though. It sounds very important, like you say :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post, so unique :) Never heard of that word but you learn something new every day!
    Rhiannon xx
    http://everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this before and that is why I love these Sunday posts, you help me learn hahah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your encouragement inspires me; dedicated to crafting content that naturally garners backlinks."
    marty mcfly vest

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig